incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jérôme Verstrynge <jvers...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Possible migration of the JXTA P2P framework project to ASF
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2010 18:46:04 GMT
Hi,

It seems like an overwhelming victory for ASF in the JXTA community. I
am preparing a proposal to join the incubator.

On 19/10/2010 2:53, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> One question; Apache License 1.0?? (or more like 1.1?) Although it
> allows sublicensing, if going sublicensing (to 2.0) I think you still
> need to retain the 1.0/1.1 requirements, such as the license text in
> the source. If you are working with Oracle on IP related to this, try
> and get a grant to relicense their IP rights (now under 1.0/1.1) to
> 2.0... Shouldn't make a difference to them.
We are working on getting the relicensing to 2.0. What do you mean by
'it allows sublicensing'? Would we, as a community, have the right to
relicense this code?

Does Apache have a 'legal department'? We have some questions to ask.

Thanks,

Jérôme Verstrynge