incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Accepting patches in a podling
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2010 00:05:01 GMT

On Sep 15, 2010, at 4:41 PM, Joe Schaefer wrote:

> [...]

I'm mystified about what license you are talking about. This
particular item proposes that patches posted to dev@ are ok if
submitted by someone who has a CLA on file. You say you don't need to
burden an occasional contributor with any paperwork.

So what license are you talking about? The CLA that the contributor
didn't file?

Craig

>>      * Patches need to go to the dev@ list (and  be ACK'd there)
>>      * In some cases, we might ask the  submitter to put the patch
>> into
>>        Jira (e.g., for  large contributions)
>>
>> Only tangentially related: is there a way to make  subversion
>> (especially
>> via git-svn) distinguish between a committer and an  author ? That
>> would
>> help keep the patch submission trail much more  transparent.
>
> With cvs we used to have a way of formatting log messages to indicate
> independent authorship.  Unfortunately there is no such thing
> available
> with subversion, so you can be a bit creative in how you denote
> authorship
> in the log message.

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle