incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Podling to use native git
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2010 23:13:14 GMT
> Does any other podling use git-only workflow.

No ASF project is permitted to use git-only.  And the typical git workflow is part of the
problem.  We strongly believe in a single, central, repository as part of the process of community
building.  The git model is better suited to disparate groups partially sharing a codebase.

Fundamentally, we WANT people working in a central, shared, repository.

If/when the ASF allows git as a technology, you can expect that the workflow will be an ASF
workflow.  And once Greg gets offline commmit working with SVN, I suspect that it will be
harder to push for git.

	--- Noel