incubator-general mailing list archives

From Enis Soztutar <enis.soz.nu...@gmail.com>
Subject Podling to use native git
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2010 12:02:05 GMT
Hi,

In the preparation phase for the recent Gora podling, I realized that the
code needs be restructured to subversion layout. However, most of the
developers here prefer the git way and will never use subversion except for
committing the patches. So, I want to ask :

- Does any other podling use git-only workflow. If so, did your project uses
svn trunk/tags/branches layout?
- I know that there was some discussion at infra-dev about native git
repositories. Can we volunteer to be one?
- The main Apache repository is subversion. But can we somehow skip it and
directly use git.apache.org?

Of course some of these questions should be asked at infra-dev, but I wanted
to know if anyone has any XP with this.

Thanks,
Enis