incubator-general mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HISE community needs to grow
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2010 16:29:53 GMT
On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 11:44 AM, William A. Rowe Jr.
<wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

+1

To more or less quote Joe S on this subject ...

The purpose of the incubation process is to support and supervise the
podling *behaving like a PMC*.

<end more or less quote/>

Even though PPMC actions are formally nonbinding (with the exception
of the current experiment), we want to encourage PPMCs to behave as if
their votes counted, and indeed we hope to hardly ever be presented,
as an incubator PMC, with a PPMC vote that we need to contradict. The
situation at HISE is not good. Not just because a oversight might have
left them with a one-person private list, but because, as a result,
that podling PMC has most assuredly *not* been acting like a PMC in
the area of recruiting and evaluating new contributors. I am happy to
see that Glen is going to fix all this up, and I am left wondering if
there are any other podlings with comparable problems.