incubator-general mailing list archives

From James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: Role of Incubator PMC Votes
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2010 12:44:52 GMT
On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 8:34 AM, Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com> wrote:

> To be clear, we where asking for a [VOTE] and not a [DISCUSS] - we
> wanted the vote to ratify our own vote on the subject. There was already
> a long discussion on general and the connectors mailing list - tons of
> discussion actually. At this point, we have taken that discussion into
> consideration and ran a vote. We are now not seeking opinions about how
> the results of our vote sucks in someones personal opinion - but a vote
> on whether the name chosen by the community can go forward.
>
> Take that for what it's worth - but we already collected many opinions
> over a couple weeks I think.

If that's the case, then I have no objection to you guys (the PPMC)
deciding on your own.  I have no objection to the name change.  It
just appeared as though you were asking for our opinion on the name.
I think you could have just asked for an acknowledgment from IPMC
about the name change.  That probably would have sufficed in this
case.