incubator-general mailing list archives

From Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Change name of Lucene Connectors Framework to Apache Connectors Framework
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2010 12:48:52 GMT
On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 8:18 AM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After much debate both here and on the connectors mailing list, the LCF community has
voted (see http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-connectors-dev/201008.mbox/browser)
and would like to officially change our name to be the "Apache Connectors Framework".  We
would like the Incubator PMC to vote to make this official.

> [] +1 Change the Lucene Connector Framework to the Apache Connector Framework
> [] 0 Don't care
> [] -1 Don't change it

+1

...I don't personally like the name but not sure what the basis would
possibly be that the IPMC wouldn't just Ack this....

--tim