incubator-general mailing list archives

From Mohammad Nour El-Din <nour.moham...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Celix to enter the Incubator
Date Sun, 26 Sep 2010 09:22:24 GMT
+1 (non-binding)

Good project IMO, we need more project in languages other than Java :).

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 6:28 PM, Marcel Offermans
<marcel.offermans@luminis.nl> wrote:
> Hello Richard,
>
> On 24 Sep 2010, at 17:21 , Richard S. Hall wrote:
>
>> I think this is interesting. However, I'd like to point out that you may need to
take care in how you position this. I believe the OSGi specs allow for compliant open source
implementations, but it is unlikely this implementation will ever be fully compliant. So,
you'd probably be best to just position it as a C-based module system that provides OSGi interoperability.

> Good point. I will get in touch with the OSGi Alliance to check with them how we should
call this, but I'm fine rephrasing it according to your suggestion. In any case I will report
back to the list when I get a response from them.

>> And definitely don't call the mailing lists cosgi anything. :-)
>
> That was a mistake, corrected now.
>
> Greetings, Marcel

Thanks
- Mohammad Nour