incubator-general mailing list archives

From James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Change name of Lucene Connectors Framework to Apache Connectors Framework
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 12:06:22 GMT
I'm -1 (don't know if it's binding or not.  I requested to join the
PMC, but didn't hear anything back).  I think the name is too general.
 Why not just choose some animal name or something like everyone else
is doing?

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 8:18 AM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After much debate both here and on the connectors mailing list, the LCF community has
voted (see http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-connectors-dev/201008.mbox/browser)
and would like to officially change our name to be the "Apache Connectors Framework".  We
would like the Incubator PMC to vote to make this official.

> [] +1 Change the Lucene Connector Framework to the Apache Connector Framework
> [] 0 Don't care
> [] -1 Don't change it
>
> Since this is a procedural vote (http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html), it is
a majority rule vote with binding votes coming from IPMC members.  The vote is open for 72
hours.