incubator-general mailing list archives

From ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Change name of Lucene Connectors Framework to Apache Connectors Framework
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2010 12:44:28 GMT
On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 1:18 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After much debate both here and on the connectors mailing list, the LCF community has
voted (see http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-connectors-dev/201008.mbox/browser)
and would like to officially change our name to be the "Apache Connectors Framework".  We
would like the Incubator PMC to vote to make this official.

> [] +1 Change the Lucene Connector Framework to the Apache Connector Framework
> [] 0 Don't care
> [] -1 Don't change it
>
> Since this is a procedural vote (http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html), it is
a majority rule vote with binding votes coming from IPMC members.  The vote is open for 72
hours.

> Here's my +1 (binding).
>
> Thanks,
> Grant

-0

I agree with the comments from David and others such as [1] and the
suggestion at [2] to call it something more abstract like Apache
Connecto.

Thats IMHO anyway, I'm not sure that the IPMC should be the ones with
binding votes on this but it would be good if the poddling could take
into consideration our views.

   ...ant

[1] http://apache.markmail.org/message/ryf4eebpzpsvq3hr
[2] http://apache.markmail.org/message/zyiodmx4hbqfjek3