incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: HISE community needs to grow
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2010 15:44:26 GMT
On 9/27/2010 2:16 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> But you're right that those votes have no formal value.

I would disagree, if there were later discussion by the graduated project
(now consisting mostly of former PPMC folks), as a PMC chair I'd look back
at the decision by the committee participants, not so much as the mentor/
supervisory votes.  In terms of the long view of project history, those
votes have a critical value.

And as a mentor, extraordinary circumstances would be needed for me to vote
against the PPMC's direction - if something is wrong, I'm going to cajole
an ASF-appropriate vote/discussion in the PPMC before the IPMC intervenes!
Forced-overrides already indicate a disfunctional/not-ready-to-graduate
podling.