incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: HISE community needs to grow
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2010 15:36:03 GMT
On 9/25/2010 8:42 PM, Rafal Rusin wrote:

> This is good question. As I understand procedure for nominating
> committers for podlings, blind request to hise-private needs to be
> sent and then mentors decide during voting. Existing committers don't
> play role here. That's why we haven't started any voting on hise-dev.

Hmmm; a properly functioning incubator project should /usually/ have a 1:1
mapping of initial ppmc to committers, so foo-private should be that list
of committers.

The exceptions are very rare, e.g. incoming large projects who already have
an ASF-like management/contributor structure, where there is a large pool
of broad contributors/committee participants, and a much larger pool of
infrequent/occasional/drive-by committers.  This doesn't describe most new
incubation efforts.