incubator-general mailing list archives

From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Real-time communication (was [VOTE] ALOIS to enter the incubator)
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2010 15:21:45 GMT
  On 09/17/2010 08:20 AM, Benson Margulies wrote:
> +1. It's hypocrisy to tell podlings that chat is entirely intolerable
> when plenty of running projects have them.

+1 indeed. If not, ATS is in big trouble :). We have a very active
community in the IRC room, where we brainstorm and help each other out
all the time. Of course, often times discussions are  moved over into
the dev@ (and users@) mailing lists, but in many cases, those email
threads start off because of an initial discussion in the IRC room.

To us, real-time communications (e.g. IRC), is invaluable. Maybe we're
wrong (but I certainly hope not).

-- leif