incubator-general mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Role of Incubator PMC Votes
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2010 12:34:43 GMT
On 9/10/10 8:18 AM, Mark Struberg wrote:
> another small comment: if folks only like to get an opinion, then don't call a [VOTE]
but instead a [DISCUSS] opinion poll.

> Because a vote is a vote is a vote...
>
> LieGrue,
> strub

To be clear, we where asking for a [VOTE] and not a [DISCUSS] - we
wanted the vote to ratify our own vote on the subject. There was already
a long discussion on general and the connectors mailing list - tons of
discussion actually. At this point, we have taken that discussion into
consideration and ran a vote. We are now not seeking opinions about how
the results of our vote sucks in someones personal opinion - but a vote
on whether the name chosen by the community can go forward.

Take that for what it's worth - but we already collected many opinions
over a couple weeks I think.

- Mark