incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Celix to enter the Incubator
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2010 15:28:56 GMT
Hello Richard,

On 24 Sep 2010, at 17:21 , Richard S. Hall wrote:

> I think this is interesting. However, I'd like to point out that you may need to take
care in how you position this. I believe the OSGi specs allow for compliant open source implementations,
but it is unlikely this implementation will ever be fully compliant. So, you'd probably be
best to just position it as a C-based module system that provides OSGi interoperability.

Good point. I will get in touch with the OSGi Alliance to check with them how we should call
this, but I'm fine rephrasing it according to your suggestion. In any case I will report back
to the list when I get a response from them.

> And definitely don't call the mailing lists cosgi anything. :-)

That was a mistake, corrected now.

Greetings, Marcel