incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bruno Harbulot <Bruno.Harbu...@manchester.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Need some clarity on a small size code donation
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2010 13:55:33 GMT
Hi,

On 18/08/2010 14:23, Ross Gardler wrote:
> On 18/08/2010 13:59, Benson Margulies wrote:
>> My understanding is that for a 'category A' license like BSD you just
>> add it to NOTICES.
>
> Sure, but what about the licence headers?

I think I've seen this done in a few projects (I think one of them was
Grizzly from Sun), where you get:

/*
  Copyright Sun...
  + 3-clause BSD
  */
/*
  Copyright Someone Else
  + 3-clause BSD
  */

I guess that would work for the Apache Licence too.

/*
  Apache Licence / ASF
  */
/*
  Copyright UoM + 3-clause BSD
  */

This tends to confuse template code stylers that "fix" the licence
headers automatically, but they tend to get the licences wrong most of
the time, even when there's a single licence (because they change the
copyright dates on files even if they haven't been modified sometimes,
which I think is incorrect).

Best wishes,

Bruno.