incubator-general mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Name change from "Lucene Connectors Framework" to "Apache Connectors Framework"
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2010 22:25:32 GMT
The relevance of this name might seem clear to project members, but not to me.  From my background
I would assume this is an implementation of the j2ca connector framework at apache, kind of
like (the active part of) codehaus tranql.  If I'd been working on tomcat or jetty recently
I'd assume it was some kind of generalization of the transport connectors for a web container.
 Since this now or formerly relates to lucene I kinda doubt either one of these assumptions
would be particularly accurate.

thanks
david jencks

On Aug 16, 2010, at 6:59 AM, <karl.wright@nokia.com> <karl.wright@nokia.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The "Lucene Connectors Framework" committers are voting to rename our project from "Lucene
Connectors Framework" to "Apache Connectors Framework", and to cease being a subproject of
Lucene.  What is the process for doing something like this?