incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <>
Subject RE: [VOTE] experimental delegation of new committer votes to PPMC
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2010 02:45:01 GMT
Greg Stein wrote:

> The Board said that PMCs can make their own rules on how committership
> is granted. The Board has no opinion on what the Incubator wants to do
> with this topic because that choice is and has always been delegated
> to the PMC. This is a consensus opinion of the Board, as no resolution
> was provided for voting.

An opinion was all that was asked for, and thank you.

To further elaborate, the Board said that the PMC has the flexibility to
grant Committer status without full or formal PMC approval.  The PMC is
required to provide oversight of the *changes* made by committers, but not
the use of ASF infrastructure.  That is a key (and heretofore unique, as far
as I am aware) assertion that makes it easier to implement Joe's proposal.

Accordingly, I am +1 to approve the experiment.

	--- Noel

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message