incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <>
Subject Re: Future of RAT
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2010 14:03:43 GMT
Hi Stefan,

>> However, I'm not sure I get the whole reasoning below RE: TLP? Why not
>> have a RAT TLP? The overhead of filing board reports and not knowing
>> anyone on the team that would be able to?
> Jochen has sure be joking here.  The team list he pointed at contains at
> least two current PMC chairs (haven't checked too closely) as well as a
> bunch of former PMC chairs.

Heh, that's what I was thinking.

> To me RAT's scope feels too small for a TLP.

I feel kind of the opposite -- RAT is an important tool that's required of
all the Incubator projects, but pretty widely integrated (at least in Java
land) outside of the Incubator as a tool to help check ASF policies. To me,
that's a big scope and an important community, and just based on the
telltale signs it seems like a TLP to me.

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist
Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246

To unsubscribe, e-mail: