incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <>
Subject Re: an experiment
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2010 17:12:02 GMT
On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Joe Schaefer <> wrote:
> Perhaps that's true for the projects you work on, but it certainly
> isn't true of Thrift, where mentorship has been a revolving door
> for years.

True.  I've never been a big fan of requiring 3 mentors - as I think
certain personalities can do the teaching by themselves.  However, if
accepting that minimum requirement resolves the over-reach by others,
I'd accept that tradeoff.  Yes, it might kill off Thrift, but harming
podlings with 3+ active mentors is even worse behavior.  -- justin

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message