incubator-general mailing list archives

From ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: an experiment
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 22:16:16 GMT
On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 6:45 PM, Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com> wrote:

> The second idea is more controversial: to hold IPMC votes to
> admit all significant committers to those projects to the IPMC
> itself.  The purpose of this concept is to allow those who
> best know the codebase to provide IPMC oversight over it,
> especially as it pertains to releases.

Without some more explanation I'm not that convinced about doing that.
The main purpose of the IPMC is to vote on the graduation of
poddlings, why should some random ASF poddling newbie get a binding
vote on the graduation of _any_ poddling?

I'm guessing the motivation for this proposal is not to give poddling
committers binding votes on other poddling graduations but to give
them binding votes on their own poddling activities, and that i agree
with. The things they need binding votes on is their committer votes,
ppmc votes (they already have that), and release votes - lets just
give them those.

   ...ant