incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>
Subject [VOTE] Thrift 0.4.0 RC1
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2010 20:51:00 GMT
Hi all,

In all the time it took for us to finally release Thrift 0.3, we've
accumulated enough changes for Thrift 0.4!

I propose we accept
http://people.apache.org/~bryanduxbury/thrift-0.4.0-rc1.tar.gz<http://people.apache.org/%7Ebryanduxbury/thrift-0.4.0-rc1.tar.gz>as
the official Thrift 0.4.0 release.

I created this tarball by checking out URL:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/thrift/branches/0.4.x and running
"./bootstrap.sh && ./configure && make dist".

The GPG signature for this tarball can be found at
http://people.apache.org/~bryanduxbury/thrift-0.4.0-rc1.tar.gz.asc<http://people.apache.org/%7Ebryanduxbury/thrift-0.4.0-rc1.tar.gz.asc>.
It has an MD5 signature of bb8466e5b884e9edef862a64f57abe38.

On thrift-dev, we had 7 +1 votes, including 3 from active Thrift committers
(myself, Mark Slee, and David Reiss) and one from a mentor (Doug Cutting).
There were two non-blocking -1 votes that have been addressed and tagged for
future releases.

Please download, verify the signatures, untar, and install and test the
libraries you are familiar with.

This vote will close 72 hours from now.

This release consists of 45 tickets that cover many bugs and performance
improvements. Please refer to the CHANGES file for the full list.

-Bryan