incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: an experiment
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 00:32:53 GMT
On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 19:12, Noel J. Bergman <noel@devtech.com> wrote:
> Gavin McDonald wrote:
>
>> How about a PMC Chair that does more than turn up once a month at , ooh,
> day
>> before board reports are due and then disappears for a whole month until ,
>> ooh, day before report time.
>
> Actually, I read Incubator e-mail pretty much every day.

How about showing your participation? You haven't committed to the
incubator svn in *years*.

>> And you still expect to run the whole show your way and jump in with 20+
>> messages in one day about subjects people have been discussing for days
>> if not weeks before.
>
> I'm voicing an opinion, backing it up, and taking the issue to the Board for
> their input.  If I really expected to "run the whole show [my] way", I
> wouldn't make sure that as much as possible is delegated and distributed to
> the PMC, and I would be much more vocal.  Personally, I believe that the
> Incubator runs smoothly precisely because of that delegation.

He has a fair point, so don't be too quick to the defense.

How long have you been the VP of Incubator? Would "new blood" be
something good or bad for the Incubator? Change things up, bring
different ideas and energy?

Cheers,
-g