incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Future of RAT
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2010 15:10:09 GMT
On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 09:58, ant elder <ant.elder@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 2:45 PM, Mattmann, Chris A (388J)
> <chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
>
>> However, I'm not sure I get the whole reasoning below RE: TLP? Why not have a RAT
TLP? The overhead of filing board reports and not knowing anyone on the team that would be
able to? Hen files them all the time (well he used to as Attic VP). And the other names I
see on that list [1] below are all people I widely respect at the ASF and folks who pop up
on board@, members@ and other foundation-wide lists from time to time. I don't want to speak
for anybody, but what would be the issue with any of them filing board reports? Or, yourself
for that matter? :) You see to get this whole release process thing - how is the board report
sent monthly for the first few months, then quarterly after such a big deal? So, what's the
problem with being a TLP?

> Yep i agree, there are already other small TLPs so it doesn't need to
> be an issue, so going TLP does sound ideal.

Yeah. There is no "minimum size" for a TLP. You've been filing reports
to the Incubutor... now you file them to the Board. And "oh no! only
once a quarter!". Heh. If you think an hour every three months is a
hassle, then we need to talk. :-P