incubator-general mailing list archives

From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: an experiment
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2010 18:15:32 GMT
On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Benson Margulies
<bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:
> On committers there is a legal / procedural clarification called for.
> Perhaps I'm just dense, but I got the strong impression from the recent
> email at members@ that there was much more flexibility possible with
> committer status than with releases -- that the iPMC could indeed make a
> one-time, blanket, decision, that PPMC votes were sufficient for committer
> status. To cite an example to support my position, I'm pretty sure that GSOC
> students get commit privileges without formal PMC votes.

Could you clarify on what do you mean by your statement around GSoC
Students. GSoC students are and should be tread as any other
contributors to a project and should earn committer karma via regular
channels (discuss/vote/etc).

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende