incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Radical revamp (was: an experiment)
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 03:14:20 GMT
On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 22:53, Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com> wrote:
> It's optimized for success while making mentors potentially responsible for failure (iow
a project with crappy mentors will fail no matter how much they grok apache).

Fair assessment, but those *are* the projects that I'm looking at.
Those which have large enough Member support, can be fully
self-supported.

But you raise a larger question: if a project has crappy mentors, then
how do we solve *that* problem? (new thread, please!)

>  Still have doubts about escalating the graduation decision to the board.

Me too. I certainly believe that we can figure that out as we go. We
don't have to hold up a new TLP-based podling based on solving the
graduation answer today. Presumably, there would be a few months to
explore. And certainly when the project *feels* it is ready, then the
discussion will begin in earnest.

Cheers,
-g