incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: When a committer leaves ...
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2010 00:24:48 GMT
On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 1:45 AM, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:
> Luciano,
>
> A River committer has indicated a lack of interest in remaining
> involved. Emeritus status seems overkill in a podling, but that's just
> my opinion. Since this is an active expression of dis-interest, the
> 'how long' question seems not too relevant to me.
>
> As part of cleaning them up for graduation, based on my experience
> back on CXF, I'm thinking that it would be good to trim the committer
> list by at least removing people who actively aren't interested.

I think that the committer list could very well remain without
trimming as it will be a decent record of past contributors, and that
the effort is put into "Who is going to be on the PMC if/when a
podling graduate?" which is effectively the "current stewards of the
codebase".

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer