incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: an experiment
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2010 16:45:17 GMT
On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 9:36 AM, Noel J. Bergman <noel@devtech.com> wrote:
> And if the Mentors aren't being active, voting, etc., then *that* is what
> needs to be addressed.

As I've repeatedly stated before (here and elsewhere), in the podlings
I've been recently involved with, having three mentors isn't the
issue.  It's the PMC members who aren't involved sticking their nose
in and trying to poison the community.

> We have one of the largest PMCs in the ASF.  If we

I view this as potentially the crux of the problem - people who aren't
stakeholders in the community shouldn't have a say.  Right now, they
feel they do.  So, if we want to mandate at least 3 mentors - fine,
but that must come at the cost of telling the rest of the IPMC to go
away - unless they actively contribute to the community and earn
merit...of course.  -- justin