incubator-general mailing list archives

From ant elder <>
Subject Re: Future of RAT
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2010 13:58:46 GMT
On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 2:45 PM, Mattmann, Chris A (388J)
<> wrote:

> However, I'm not sure I get the whole reasoning below RE: TLP? Why not have a RAT TLP?
The overhead of filing board reports and not knowing anyone on the team that would be able
to? Hen files them all the time (well he used to as Attic VP). And the other names I see on
that list [1] below are all people I widely respect at the ASF and folks who pop up on board@,
members@ and other foundation-wide lists from time to time. I don't want to speak for anybody,
but what would be the issue with any of them filing board reports? Or, yourself for that matter?
:) You see to get this whole release process thing - how is the board report sent monthly
for the first few months, then quarterly after such a big deal? So, what's the problem with
being a TLP?

Yep i agree, there are already other small TLPs so it doesn't need to
be an issue, so going TLP does sound ideal.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message