incubator-general mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Name change from "Lucene Connectors Framework" to "Apache Connectors Framework"
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2010 21:38:50 GMT

On Aug 16, 2010, at 9:59 AM, <karl.wright@nokia.com> <karl.wright@nokia.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The "Lucene Connectors Framework" committers are voting to rename our project from "Lucene
Connectors Framework" to "Apache Connectors Framework", and to cease being a subproject of
Lucene.  What is the process for doing something like this?

Just to clarify, LCF is not a subproject of Lucene at the moment, since it is in the Incubator.
 The Lucene PMC was sponsoring LCF and is willing to continue to do so.  Nothing else project
wise would change other than the name at this point.  Upon graduation, it likely make sense
for LCF/ACF to be a TLP.

-Grant