incubator-general mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Radical revamp (was: an experiment)
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 02:31:00 GMT
----- Original Message ----

To me this is a common flaw in both how the IPMC operates today and how
Greg's proposal relies on 3 Members to get anything accomplished.  If
you've been paying attention to what actually happens in this PMC over
time,  you can't possibly have missed all the begging for votes that
goes on.

Reliance on 3 overworked people who are typically not podling committers
to always be there when the project needs them is both unrealistic and
doesn't scale.  We've been doing it for years, inflicting massive
pain on the podlings whenever they release or want new committers,
and it sucks.  That's what my experiment aims to fix.