incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Resigning as Wookie Mentor
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2010 00:21:09 GMT
Gavin,

Thank you for all your help on Wookie to date. The kinds of
contributions you have made (helping ensure that licence headers etc.
are clear) are exactly the kind of contributions that are needed.

You leave a legacy that will ensure that our release (when it comes
about) will be more likely to pass an incubator vote.

For me that kind of activity is exactly what I mean by an "active
mentor". However, I also agree that sticking around just to provide an
extra vote is not a good thing. If you haven't got the time to audit a
release properly then the vote is meaningless and if you do have the
time and inclination at the appropriate time you can still do so as an
IPMC member.

For clarity on the general@ list Wookie is not one of those projects
that I feel needs a different incubation process - it is a very small
community with potential, but it cannot at this time, russle up
sufficient committer votes and thus needs the IPMC oversight (it may get
sufficient mentor votes as we are lucky enough to have a some interested
mentors, but then again, it may not).

Ross