incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Radical revamp
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 23:48:58 GMT
On 17/08/2010 17:35, Carl Trieloff wrote:

> To this question, (what will make this model succeed or fail) I find
> myself not coming
> to defensible answers... I would love to see thoughts of others on this
> question.
>
> The thread implies it comes down to the 3+ members on the project.

It's not that simple for me.

A single member who either knows all they need to know or (more likely)
knows when they need to ask for guidance from their peers is all that is
needed if (and only if) the IPMC trusts that member to do the right thing.

However, there are a number of reasons why a single mentor does not work
out including some fundamental requirements for binding votes on certain
activities.

For me success or failure comes down to the quality of the mentoring and
the willingness of the project committers to learn how to apply the
Apache Way to their community.

Ross