incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Radical revamp
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 23:45:07 GMT
On 17/08/2010 16:39, Joe Schaefer wrote:
> [...]

+1

> We don't actually do that here,
> and I'm trying to push a view that allows us to actually try it
> a little and see what happens.

+1

One current problem, that sometimes manifests itself, is that where
mentors are active and able they sometimes find others who are not
active in the specific project standing in the way.

Another current problem, that sometimes manifests itself, is where
mentors are not active (or possibly able) projects are not experiencing
the Apache Way, but their interpretation of it from poor documentation.

One current success is that where a project is lucky enough to have
active mentors and few non-mentor interested parties the process works
just fine.

My point is there is not only one way to do this. We need different
models of incubation for different projects and communities.

Ross