incubator-general mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Future of RAT
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2010 19:25:12 GMT
Hi!

Maybe I need to catch up with the current status: is RAT still mainly targeted
to ASF projects, or is it a general Release Audit Tool and as such also useful
for releasing GPLed or BSL style projects?

If it is still ASF centric, then to me it sounds much more as a subproject of
infrastructure or legal than an own TLP.
Of course there is no minimum size for becoming a TLP, but let's be honest: if
this is not a general technical project but more like a business project then
there will not be enough community around it. Or better said: the main focus is
not the tool itself but the modelled business. That's the reason why I would
move it to this 'business unit' rather than creating a new one.

LieGrue,
strub