incubator-general mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Shiro graduation as TLP
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 22:52:15 GMT

> Dunno if it's exactly documentation but see this from Roy Fielding....
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-26?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12732740#action_12732740
>
> Based on this I've been advising projects to put the apache LICENSE and and a NOTICE
file that covers the actual contents of svn (i.e. not including stuff that is added to binaries
as part of the build process) at expected svn checkout roots such as, here, http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/shiro/trunk.

Agreed. Me too...

> I don't consider this a barrier to graduation..

And agreed.

On Aug 16, 2010, at 2:18 PM, Kalle Korhonen wrote:

> RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and
> hereby are appointed to serve as the initial members of The
> Apache Shiro Project:
>
> * Les Hazlewood       (lhazlewood@apache.org)
> * Kalle Korhonen      (kaosko@apache.org)
> * Peter Ledbrook      (pledbrook@apache.org)
> * Jeremy Haile        (jhaile@apache.org)
> * Craig L Russell     (craig.russell@oracle.com)

The "project" wording comes from the podling resolution template -- https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/board/templates/podling-tlp-resolution.txt

I assume the above project members are "PMC" members?

Mailing list discussions look good. You deserve medals for surviving the name changes. Would
be nice to hear from additional mentors.

Here's m +1

Good Luck!

--kevan