incubator-general mailing list archives

From Urs Lerch <m...@ulerch.net>
Subject Re: [Proposal] ALOIS Project
Date Sun, 15 Aug 2010 18:52:28 GMT
Hi

Thanks for the feedback.

> If it's been GPL-licensed, you'll need the permission of all contributors
> to re-license it.  Have you kept meticulous records of all contributions
> over the lifetime of the project so you can expect to be able to contact
> everyone?

Since the software has been developed by only two persons, both in paid
employment, and the their employer has a declared interest in entering
the Apache Incubator, I see no problem concerning the re-licencing.

> What about the required OSS-licensed components?  You mention
> MySQL - you'd (probably) want a specific exception for that, in the
> manner of the APR's one.

Although I am no lawyer, in my understanding the database is not part of
the software and therefore the licence of MySQL (or any other database)
is no subject here. Maybe someone with legal know how might clarify this
point.

Best regards
Urs