incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: New project proposal
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2010 21:37:52 GMT
How much of the code at sourceforge represents what you have listed below? In other words,
how much of this is currently implemented?

Ralph

On Jul 14, 2010, at 9:03 AM, Grégoire Rolland wrote:

> Hi Ralph,
>
> Multi-tenancy in jSpirit is as you describe, plus the ability to replace business service
implementation per tenant.

> Thanks for your interest.
>
> Grégoire
>

> Le 14/07/2010 17:06, Ralph Goers a écrit :
>> This project is definitely of interest to me as my employer does Saas via multi-tenancy
(in our case multi-tenacny means all the clients share the same code deployment, not the way
it is described at wikipedia).

>> Ralph
>>
>> On Jul 14, 2010, at 1:37 AM, Grégoire Rolland wrote:
>>

>>> Hi Otis and all others,
>>>
>>> I will list here current and planned functionality of jSpirit.
>>>

>>> * Architecture
>>>    - Multi-tiered Architecture out-of-the-box : Implementation of Integration
Layer, Business Layer, Client Layer
>>>    - Java 5 annotation and auto-injection based lookup of services
>>>    - Classpath scanning for auto-discovering components
>>>    - Modular and plugable architecture : automatic activation of modules in the
classpath, ready for seamless integration
>>>    - Implementation of Long-Conversation pattern, with JTA 2PC support (with
Geronimo Transaction Manager), and implicit demarcation (explicit demarcation is always possible)
>>>    - [in progress] AOP interceptor on top of each layer
>>>
>>> * Integration Layer
>>>    - Implementation of abstract integration services and abstract persister based
on JPA technology
>>>    - Maven plugins for code generation of integration layer from xml description
of component business model : generate persistent class, access services, queries, constraints,
JPA annotation, lucene indexation of business model
>>>    - bean validation integration
>>>    - Full Multi-tenancy integration on EntityManager and Caches
>>>    - Multi-tenant Postgresql support
>>>    - [Planned] Maven Plugin for code generation supporting Apache Cassandra without
interface modification

>>> * Business Layer
>>>    - Implementation of abstract business services and infrastructure
>>>    - Annotation discovering and injection of dependents services
>>>    - Multi-tenant replacement of services at runtime
>>>    - Simple Asynchronous and distributed business services with Apache ActiveMQ
: this is annotation driven

>>> * Client Layer
>>>    - JSF 2.0 predefined integration
>>>    - Abstract Managed Bean for simple developpement of list and forms
>>>    - Integration of restful url for JSF 2
>>>    - Multi-tenant interceptor for determining tenant context based on full qualified
domain name
>>>    - [Planned] Make others interceptor based on other methods
>>>
>>> * Scheduling
>>>    - Distributed and load adaptative voting peer-to-peer scheduler
>>>    - voting task execution with Condorcet Method
>>>    - [Planned] support others algorithms for scheduling
>>>
>>> * Security
>>>    - Simple security integration : form login, http basic security
>>>    - Multi-tenant support for authentications and authorizations
>>>    - peer-to-peer sessions id replications for support max session per user in
a cluster
>>>    - Regexp filters on urls
>>>    - [Planned] Services Access Authorization
>>>    - JSF function and bean to manage security on pages
>>>
>>> * i18n
>>>    - Full i18n support
>>>    - Multi-tenacy i18n : overriding label per tenant
>>>    - JSF function for accessing labels and locale
>>>    - JSF bean for controlling user locale on web page
>>>
>>> *Data Import/Export
>>>    - XML data importer/exporter customizable by tenant with scripting services
>>>    - ready for "open-SaaS" to guarantee application users data integration and
recuperation

>>> * Web Services
>>>    - Simple export of business services to Soap Web Services with Apache CXF
>>>    - [in progress] REstfull web services with Apache Abdera integration (and
XStream)
>>>    - Atom 1.0 support with Apache Abdera (only GET method now)

>>>   - Indexation of data model
>>>   - Simple Query interface for searching in the data model
>>>   - Multi-tenant support of the Lucene Indexes
>>>
>>> * JCR
>>>    - Multi-tenant integration of Apache JackRabbit : workspaces based
>>>    - Implementation of injectable service for JackRabbit access
>>>    - JTA transaction participation
>>>
>>> * Mail
>>>   - Injectable mail services out-of-box
>>>
>>> * Reporting
>>>    - Report module on top of the business layer
>>>    - based on Castor XML and Apache FOP
>>>    - Pluggable Reporting Provider architecture
>>>    - Multi-tenant report replacement at runtime
>>>
>>> * Tools
>>>    - Set of Maven archetype mapped on architecture to create one project by layer
>>>    - [planned] eclipse plugins for MDA enablement, XML schema recognition, ....
>>>
>>> * Planned functionnality
>>>    - Integration of Business Rules Engine with multi-tenancy
>>>    - Integration of BPM/Workflow Engine with multi-tenancy
>>>    - Simple Cloud deployement
>>>
>>> et voilà ...
>>>
>>> I hope it could interest you !
>>>
>>> Regards,