incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Emmanouil Batsis (Manos)" <ma...@abiss.gr>
Subject Re: Apache Isis: project pre-proposal: looking for mentors and a sponsor
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2010 12:57:02 GMT
Hello Dan,

On 07/21/2010 12:56 PM, Dan Haywood wrote:

> So: the Apache Isis (?) project will provide the ability to rapidly
> develop domain-driven applications. Built on the Naked Objects framework
> (http://nakedobjects.org) and a number of related sister projects
> (http://starobjects.org), it allows full stack apps to be built just by
> writing pojo domain objects. Technically, it's somewhat akin to an ORM,
> but rather than just automatically persisting your objects, it
> automatically provides all the other necessary layers. This means that
> the development goes very very quickly, focusing on the bit that really
> matters; the business application.

Sounds cool. We really miss a good DD framework here; at some point in
the past we had developed a domain driven ant/maven build plugin called
md4j [1]. Essentially the plugin was fed with hibernate mappings to
generate search and CRUD code that covered the business (EJBs) and web
(struts1/jsp2) tiers. It worked wonderfully but at some point we just
stopped having time to update it to newer framework versions.

Anyway, I checked out the provided URLs and I'm having a really hard
time understanding the plumbing used. Perhaps some examples would help
people (and me!) figure out if they are interested in participating.

[1] http://dev.abiss.gr/md4j/tutorial-with-maven.html

Cheers,

Manos
--