incubator-general mailing list archives

From Grégoire Rolland <grolland.jspi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New project proposal
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2010 18:07:36 GMT
Hi Otis,

Thanks for your feedback. I think it's effectively a good question ,
what is realy SaaS ? I think, but it's just my opinion, that's just a
software distribution business model for editors. So I think you never
found SaaS specific functionality in any framework.

For me, the real question is what do you need to develop SaaS
application ? and that's the goals of jspirit to give some answers.

For me needed functionalitiy are clearly Multi-tenancy implementation
with maximum flexibility, distributed model and clusterisable
architecture to support the need of high-avaiilibility and scalability
of SaaS applications.
Saas need fast response to evolution need, it's the goal of jspirit
programming model and architecture.
In my opinion, we have to focus on functionality to made SaaS in this
project and not on SaaS-functionality.

We try in this project to integrate full open-source application stack
to help anyone who wants make SaaS so there is generic functionality., i
think it's normal. The goal is to make a coherent integration framework
with to let developer focus on business code.

So I think we should name jSpirit "integration framework for creating
web multi-tenant application".

I will make a translate of the slides in the next day, perhaps it will
be more clear for all.

Grégoire