incubator-general mailing list archives

From Grégoire Rolland <grolland.jspi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New project proposal
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2010 16:03:00 GMT
Hi Ralph,

Multi-tenancy in jSpirit is as you describe, plus the ability to replace
business service implementation per tenant.

Thanks for your interest.

Grégoire

Le 14/07/2010 17:06, Ralph Goers a écrit :
> This project is definitely of interest to me as my employer does Saas via multi-tenancy
(in our case multi-tenacny means all the clients share the same code deployment, not the way
it is described at wikipedia).

> Ralph
>
> On Jul 14, 2010, at 1:37 AM, Grégoire Rolland wrote:
>

>> Hi Otis and all others,
>>
>> I will list here current and planned functionality of jSpirit.
>>

>> * Architecture
>>     - Multi-tiered Architecture out-of-the-box : Implementation of Integration Layer,
Business Layer, Client Layer
>>     - Java 5 annotation and auto-injection based lookup of services
>>     - Classpath scanning for auto-discovering components
>>     - Modular and plugable architecture : automatic activation of modules in the
classpath, ready for seamless integration
>>     - Implementation of Long-Conversation pattern, with JTA 2PC support (with Geronimo
Transaction Manager), and implicit demarcation (explicit demarcation is always possible)
>>     - [in progress] AOP interceptor on top of each layer
>>
>> * Integration Layer
>>     - Implementation of abstract integration services and abstract persister based
on JPA technology
>>     - Maven plugins for code generation of integration layer from xml description
of component business model : generate persistent class, access services, queries, constraints,
JPA annotation, lucene indexation of business model
> [...]
>>     - [Planned] Make others interceptor based on other methods
>>
>> * Scheduling
>>     - Distributed and load adaptative voting peer-to-peer scheduler
>>     - voting task execution with Condorcet Method
>>     - [Planned] support others algorithms for scheduling
>>
>> * Security
>>     - Simple security integration : form login, http basic security
>>     - Multi-tenant support for authentications and authorizations
>>     - peer-to-peer sessions id replications for support max session per user in a
cluster
>>     - Regexp filters on urls
>>     - [Planned] Services Access Authorization
>>     - JSF function and bean to manage security on pages
>>
>> * i18n
>>     - Full i18n support
>>     - Multi-tenacy i18n : overriding label per tenant
>>     - JSF function for accessing labels and locale
>>     - JSF bean for controlling user locale on web page
>>
>> *Data Import/Export
>>     - XML data importer/exporter customizable by tenant with scripting services
>>     - ready for "open-SaaS" to guarantee application users data integration and recuperation
>>
>> * Web Services
>>     - Simple export of business services to Soap Web Services with Apache CXF
>>     - [in progress] REstfull web services with Apache Abdera integration (and XStream)
>>     - Atom 1.0 support with Apache Abdera (only GET method now)

>>    - Indexation of data model
>>    - Simple Query interface for searching in the data model
>>    - Multi-tenant support of the Lucene Indexes
>>
>> * JCR
>>     - Multi-tenant integration of Apache JackRabbit : workspaces based
>>     - Implementation of injectable service for JackRabbit access
>>     - JTA transaction participation
>>
>> * Mail
>>    - Injectable mail services out-of-box
>>
>> * Reporting
>>     - Report module on top of the business layer
>>     - based on Castor XML and Apache FOP
>>     - Pluggable Reporting Provider architecture
>>     - Multi-tenant report replacement at runtime
>>
>> * Tools
>>     - Set of Maven archetype mapped on architecture to create one project by layer
>>     - [planned] eclipse plugins for MDA enablement, XML schema recognition, ....
>>
>> * Planned functionnality
>>     - Integration of Business Rules Engine with multi-tenancy
>>     - Integration of BPM/Workflow Engine with multi-tenancy
>>     - Simple Cloud deployement
>>
>> et voilà ...
>>
>> I hope it could interest you !
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Grégoire
>>

>> On 13/07/2010 23:31, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
>>
>>> Grégoire,
>>>
>>> Could you please point us/me to some information about jSpirit funcitonality
>>> that is SaaS-specific?
>>> Understanding that may help people figure out what jSpirit brings and does.
>>> For example, if I use jSpirit, which SaaS-specific functionality does a
>>> developer not have to develop?  What functionality comes out of the box? etc.

I need