incubator-general mailing list archives

From Grégoire Rolland <grolland.jspi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New project proposal
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2010 08:37:37 GMT
Hi Otis and all others,

I will list here current and planned functionality of jSpirit.

* Architecture
     - Multi-tiered Architecture out-of-the-box : Implementation of
Integration Layer, Business Layer, Client Layer
     - Java 5 annotation and auto-injection based lookup of services
     - Classpath scanning for auto-discovering components
     - Modular and plugable architecture : automatic activation of
modules in the classpath, ready for seamless integration
     - Implementation of Long-Conversation pattern, with JTA 2PC support
(with Geronimo Transaction Manager), and implicit demarcation (explicit
demarcation is always possible)
     - [in progress] AOP interceptor on top of each layer

* Integration Layer
     - Implementation of abstract integration services and abstract
persister based on JPA technology
     - Maven plugins for code generation of integration layer from xml
description of component business model : generate persistent class,
access services, queries, constraints, JPA annotation, lucene indexation
of business model
     - bean validation integration
     - Full Multi-tenancy integration on EntityManager and Caches
     - Multi-tenant Postgresql support
     - [Planned] Maven Plugin for code generation supporting Apache
Cassandra without interface modification

* Business Layer
     - Implementation of abstract business services and infrastructure
     - Annotation discovering and injection of dependents services
     - Multi-tenant replacement of services at runtime
     - Simple Asynchronous and distributed business services with Apache
ActiveMQ : this is annotation driven

* Client Layer
     - JSF 2.0 predefined integration
     - Abstract Managed Bean for simple developpement of list and forms
     - Integration of restful url for JSF 2
     - Multi-tenant interceptor for determining tenant context based on
full qualified domain name
     - [Planned] Make others interceptor based on other methods

* Scheduling
     - Distributed and load adaptative voting peer-to-peer scheduler
     - voting task execution with Condorcet Method
     - [Planned] support others algorithms for scheduling

* Security
     - Simple security integration : form login, http basic security
     - Multi-tenant support for authentications and authorizations
     - peer-to-peer sessions id replications for support max session per
user in a cluster
     - Regexp filters on urls
     - [Planned] Services Access Authorization
     - JSF function and bean to manage security on pages

* i18n
     - Full i18n support
     - Multi-tenacy i18n : overriding label per tenant
     - JSF function for accessing labels and locale
     - JSF bean for controlling user locale on web page

*Data Import/Export
     - XML data importer/exporter customizable by tenant with scripting
services
     - ready for "open-SaaS" to guarantee application users data
integration and recuperation

* Web Services
     - Simple export of business services to Soap Web Services with
Apache CXF
     - [in progress] REstfull web services with Apache Abdera
integration (and XStream)
     - Atom 1.0 support with Apache Abdera (only GET method now)

    - Indexation of data model
    - Simple Query interface for searching in the data model
    - Multi-tenant support of the Lucene Indexes

* JCR
     - Multi-tenant integration of Apache JackRabbit : workspaces based
     - Implementation of injectable service for JackRabbit access
     - JTA transaction participation

* Mail
    - Injectable mail services out-of-box

* Reporting
     - Report module on top of the business layer
     - based on Castor XML and Apache FOP
     - Pluggable Reporting Provider architecture
     - Multi-tenant report replacement at runtime

* Tools
     - Set of Maven archetype mapped on architecture to create one
project by layer
     - [planned] eclipse plugins for MDA enablement, XML schema
recognition, ....

* Planned functionnality
     - Integration of Business Rules Engine with multi-tenancy
     - Integration of BPM/Workflow Engine with multi-tenancy
     - Simple Cloud deployement

et voilà ...

I hope it could interest you !

Regards,