incubator-general mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] NPanday Project
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2010 11:42:40 GMT

On 29/07/2010, at 11:24 PM, Lee Fisher wrote:

> On 7/29/10 3:10 AM, Josimpson Ocaba wrote:
> > We would like to inquire if there are any more comments
> > before we could start a vote.
> Regarding platform support, are there plans to support Mono in addition to .NET CLR(s)?

There's basic support there already, though a few catches. It's some of the older code that
needs consolidation. I'm interested in it so that I can more effectively test on Mac. We've
had some patches in that regard recently, and more contributors that want to help improve
it would be most welcome :)

Somewhat related:

On 29/07/2010, at 10:11 PM, Donald Whytock wrote:

> Are there plans for NPanday to work with other .NET IDEs, such as
> SharpDevelop (

I believe there was a prototype for this in the original NMaven code, but it was removed after
becoming inactive. Some of the VS Addin code has been abstracted into separate assemblies
- but more refactoring would be needed to make this easier.

As above, contributors to this would be welcome!

Brett Porter

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message