incubator-general mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: New project proposal
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2010 16:57:43 GMT
Hello Grégoire
 Thanks for the exhaustive feature list and
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/JSpiritProposal .  I'm trying to identify
Saas-specific features from that list.  Most of them sound relatively generic,
not SaaS-specific.  Is my interpretation correct?  The only ones that jump at me
as being useful in SaaS context are the Multi-tenant ones (e.g. Multi-tenant
interceptor for determining tenant  context based on full qualified domain
name), some of the REST and authorization/authentication ones.  This is not a
criticism.  I'm just trying to understand what's SaaS-specific and what is more
general here.

Also, maybe it's just me, but I can't tell what jSpirit really *is* today from
the Proposal on http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/JSpiritProposal .  I see a
bunch of technologies mentioned, but if I were looking at jSpirit to figure out
if this does something that I need, I couldn't tell.  Again, maybe it's just me.
:)

Oh, I see some fresh PDFs on SF.  I skimmed them, but my French is
unfortunately, you know .... just not there. :(

Otis