incubator-general mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Move Lucy to the Incubator
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2010 18:15:05 GMT
On Mon, 2010-07-12 at 11:06 -0700, Chris Hostetter wrote:
> : cycles I have. Note to Hoss: since you're an ASF member, you can become
> : an Incubator PMC member automatically by sending an email to
> : private@incubator and asking Noel to add you to the Incubator PMC.
>
> Huh ... This is a pretty good illustration of my point about hoping we can
> find a couple of Mentors who have some previous Mentoring experience and a
> better understand Incubator process -- I knew being an ASF member was
> "neccessary" to be on the IPMC, I didn't realize it was "sufficient".

I'm hoping to work with Lucene/solr more, and figure this could be a
good way for me to help the community a little.

Therefore, I volunteer to help Mentor.

I've mentored three projects to graduation so far, but I'm very aware of
my limited understanding of the Apache release process. So, I can help
with mentoring on all but that. But with others around, I'm sure we can
work it all out.

Upayavira