incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Chemistry OpenCMIS 0.1.0-incubating
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2010 11:48:52 GMT
On Mon, 28 Jun 2010, Gabriele Columbro wrote:
> this to vote is the first incubator release for Apache Chemistry OpenCMIS,
> with the artifacts being versioned as 0.1.0-incubating.

Sorry, but I'm -1 on this. I think you need to fix at least one of the
problems raised in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CMIS-224 before
we can bless the release.

All your release artifacts need a NOTICE and LICENSE, war archives are no
exception, as per
http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#what-must-every-release-contain
You need to either fix your release process to include these files in your
war archives, or exclude them from the release for not.

Also, does anyone know how the DEPENDENCIES and NOTICES files interact?
The policy <http://apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#notice> seems to
indicate that the NOTICE file needs eg CDDL notice sections no matter if
there's a DEPENDENCIES file or not. However, from my initial reading of
the underlying requirements, it would seem that everything we'd need to
say is said by DEPENDENCIES. Anyone know if this is one for Chemistry to
fix, or one to punt over to the legal list for a possible documentation
tweak?

Nick