incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Chemistry OpenCMIS 0.1.0-incubating
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2010 12:58:22 GMT
On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 1:48 PM, Nick Burch <nick.burch@alfresco.com> wrote:
> ...Also, does anyone know how the DEPENDENCIES and NOTICES files interact? The
> policy <http://apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#notice> seems to indicate
> that the NOTICE file needs eg CDDL notice sections no matter if there's a
> DEPENDENCIES file or not. However, from my initial reading of the underlying
> requirements, it would seem that everything we'd need to say is said by
> DEPENDENCIES. Anyone know if this is one for Chemistry to fix, or one to
> punt over to the legal list for a possible documentation tweak?...

I think the key point in
http://apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#notice is that NOTICE is for
*required* third-party notices, so it should be as small as possible
and contain only notices that the owners of third-party code require.

See also the discussion at [1], involving Roy with his Apache License
author hat on.

-Bertrand

[1] http://markmail.org/message/cxwtnuys65c7hs2y