incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Move Chukwa to incubator
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2010 17:57:48 GMT
On 6/25/2010 12:40 PM, Chris Douglas wrote:

>> But the Incubator doesn't just say yes/no.  We can refer this back to Hadoop
>> proposing this as a TLP, and even offer the list of mentors as observers, or
>> members of the initial PMC.
>
> The Hadoop PMC is wholly unqualified to manage Chukwa. It voted to
> recommend it to the Incubator so that it can gather a community
> invested in its future and capable of meaningful consensus on the
> challenges before it. Given that the very direction of the project has
> been raised as an open issue, the benign neglect of the Hadoop PMC is
> not a viable solution. -C

I meant, purely in terms of Hadoop putting forward the TLP motion to the
board, with incubator's endorsement.  But let's let options play out and
find out what incubator recommends first.  I wasn't suggesting that Hadoop
would have some additional responsibilities here, in terms of mentoring or
otherwise.

Thanks for all the rest of your observations.