incubator-general mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wmr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Switching incubator.apache.org to svnpubsub?
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2010 20:32:17 GMT
On 6/17/2010 2:30 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
> On 6/17/2010 9:06 AM, Niall Pemberton wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 6:33 PM, Justin Erenkrantz <justin@erenkrantz.com> wrote:
>>> On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 12:26 AM, Paul Querna <paul@querna.org> wrote:
>>>> It is possible to run an incubator.staging.apache.org, syncing off a
>>>> branch, and the live site off trunk, or vice versa.
>>>>
>>>> (possible, but I wouldn't recommend it, merging html changes like that
>>>> is pretty meh)
>>>
>>> I think we pretty much have consensus so far to switch the main site.
>>> However, I know before we can deploy this for incubator.a.o that we
>>> need to determine how to get svnpubsub to deal with subdirs that
>>> aren't necessarily using svnpubsub - as we do not necessarily want to
>>> force all of the podlings to switch their sites right now.
>>> So...thoughts here?  I think you mentioned tweaking our rsync scripts,
>>> right?
>>
>> Whats the status of this - do we still need to do "svn up" or is
>> svnpubsub now implemented?
> 
> Do we really want to do this?  svnpubsub remains unsupported, AFAICT, and
> it's uptime/reliability has been dismal.

Speaking of, that service in moving from Solaris in the very near future, which
is rumored to be the origin of the stability problems.  So if incubator were to
wait a short period until that move, we might not have any issues once it has
been rolled out.



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: general-unsubscribe@incubator.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: general-help@incubator.apache.org


Mime
View raw message