incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: Incubator podling website problems
Date Mon, 24 May 2010 04:53:43 GMT
IIUC, some of the points that were made below are currently your opinions not direct mandates
from the Incubator PMC.  Podlings may not realize that and become frustrated as we "work things
out".  I would hate to whipsaw the podlings as things gel.

I think that it would be good to state what the problem is that we're trying to solve and
how  the currently published incubator web site rules do not adequately address that problem.
 Once we have a set of rules that have been voted in, then we can contact the individual PPMCs
to inform them of the changes.

I think that people need to be clearly informed that the podling and its products are not
official artifacts of the Apache Software Foundation.  I think it would be good to have some
consistency in the appearance, content, and placement of incubation disclaimers.  I think
that we can do this on web sites and artifacts.

I like some of the points you make.  I think we should have a standard incubation "disclaimer"
in the home page of all podling web sites.  Having it on the download page would be a good
idea too.

Regards,
Alan